Popular Posts

Life in South Korea in few words

 I came to South Korea in 2011 to pursue my Master's degree in Materials Science and Engineering. How I came to Korea. I had to complete the Korean Language classes and pass the TOPIK intermediate level first. It was a tough journey to learn Korean characters from scratch among other Asian students who already knew Korean culture and language. I studied hard, real hard, my journey wasn't an easy one but I later passed Korean in 18-months. Then, I did my Masters degree from 2012-2014. 

During the Korean Language program I met many friends from all continents and it became a daily learning experience in terms of hearing different languages and seeing different cultural dressings. 

 Adjusting to Korean Culture and food was easy since I am a food lover and adventurous person. I had endless 'eye shopping' sprees, tour visits and memorable Korean food tasting moments. Yeah, food food food, I love food and I also desired to gain just a few kilos but during that time the stressing study schedule couldn't let me gain a pound.

Mungyeong-saejae Trip May 2011, South Korea

I later moved to Seoul for my PHD degree studies  from 2015 to 2018. This was the longest part of my journey, I felt like it was a 10-year degree program. BUT here I am now, a PhD holder motivating young girls in Science. Intro to my life in Korea. That's my life in Korea in-few-words.

I would like to know if you enjoyed my life in Korea in-few-words. Please check my YouTube channel for more detailed videos about my life in Korea: Shiyelia in Korea. 




3 comments: